Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

Back in March, I quit my day job to focus on my daughter's wedding in June. Then, I spent the entire summer of 2013 getting ready to start my own business to sell my artwork online. The business will launch sometime in September, I hope. The whole process has been quite an education. Most of it has been fun and exciting, but certain aspects have been terrifying, like communicating with the federal and state governments and opening a bank account. There's just something about banks and governments that make you feel small and a little bit afraid that "you're doing it wrong." But, I've plowed through all the legal jargon and made decisions about what to call myself, what to call my business, and how to tell the world about it. One of the first big challenges was the brand design. I worked on it for weeks, but I'm please with how it came together. I'll explain the rationale and the process in a future post, but for now, here it is:
Blu Jar Studio logo



No comments:

Post a Comment