Monday, November 4, 2013

It's About Time and a Dream


I've been working hard, trying to get my online shop ready for its grand opening. I've set Wednesday, November 6, as the day the shop opens, no matter what! It won't be fully stocked, but there will be some variety of items and a few items in each of three price points (under $10; under $30; and over $50). This was a goal I had from the beginning. Come to think of it, I don't even know what "fully stocked" will mean for my shop, so I'm just going to go with whatever is ready to sell on Wednesday, and go forward from there. When is going forward ever a bad idea? :)

It's taken much more time and effort and raw brain power than I ever thought it would just to get to this point. But, creating my own kind of art and making it available for sale has been a dream of mine for a long time. So, it's been about time--lots of time--but it's been about many other things as well. I'm learning a lot about myself through the process, namely that I do not have a natural mind for business. That has been the biggest challenge, but the lessons learned will serve me in the future, I am sure.

Now, back to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment