Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nearing the Top of the Learning Curve...I Hope!

Well, my online shop has been open for one week, and it's been a very busy several days! In the business world, busy is good! I've received so many nice comments and lots of visits to the shop. I also received just the right amount of purchases for my first week. If there had been many more this week, I would not have been able to keep up.

Every task is new, and every new thing has several OTHER new things to learn and arrange and set up. I'm sure it will start to feel somewhat routine eventually, but for now, I'm still heading up the learning curve. I am really looking forward to being able to focus on painting some new pieces soon.

The best seller so far; 2.5" x 3.5" ACEO watercolor

I'm still posting pieces that I finished painting during the summer. The ACEOs have been the best selling items so far, and the "Perfect Sister" design (above) has been the best of the best. ACEOs are small and affordable and essentially fill the role of "the adorable puppy" in the art world. If you're unfamiliar with ACEOs, you'll just have to visit the shop and read about it in the item descriptions. See, I know that eventually I must get you to click away from here and head over to the shop, so go ahead.

BUT FIRST, take a look at the items (pictured below) that I've been working on for most of today. I call these Quilt Corners. There are four in the set, and they represent the four seasons. They are available as a set of four or individually. I have loved fabric since I was very young. I used to enjoy making real quilts, but now I'm enjoying painting them even more. I love designing my own fabrics for my painted quilts. The only thing I miss is handling the fabric, which any quilter will tell you is a very important part of the experience!

Quilt Corners; 5..5" square watercolor prints
Okay, NOW you can go shopping! Here's a link to the shop: Blu Jar Studio on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment